Würd mich freuen wenn jemand das ausprobieren könnte und seine Erfahrungen Preis gibt - Danke
How to use that video input within Media Center!
First of all, if you don't care how this works and just want to do it, read the bold parts.
For a while now I've been searching, wishing, praying there was a simple way to be able to switch your tuner's input from the TV signal to the composite or s-video input so you could play xbox, a VHS tape, or what have you from within the media center program. Why Microsoft didn't build in this simple functionality is beyond me.
From my tests, this method does not create a time delay in the capture, so it should be suitable for playing video games. Let me know how it works for you.
Anyways, here's the process I discovered on how to do so quite elegantly. First, set up the capture program:
Great, now we have a program that can capture the audio/video feed. Now we need to find a way so we can start and stop this program using the remote control. To do this, I created two batch files, the first one, when launched, closes media center and opens Dscaler. The second one, when launched, closes Dscaler. Because media center wont launch batch files directly from the "More Programs" folder, I just created two shortcuts to the files in the same folder.
- Download Dscaler. This is the program that will actually capture your video feed. Install it with all the default options. I'm using version 4.1.11.
- In Dscaler, click "Sources", then choosing your tuner.
- Click "Dshow > Video Input" and choose your input.
- Click "Sources > Define as initial source".
- Double click the image to put it in full screen.
- Right click and hit exit.
Now you're all done the set up. How does it work? Easy:
- All you have to do is take the four files attached and place them in "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\Media Center\Media Center Programs".
The beauty of this set up in my scenario is this: I have two analog coaxial inputs coming into my two tuners. That leaves available one svideo and one composite input on my first tuner, and two svideos and two composites on my second tuner, for a total of six available inputs. When in dscaler, there is no easy way to swap between these inputs with the remote, you have to use your keyboard.
- To start the video input, click "More Programs", then "Video Input On". Media center will close and Dscaler will open, in full screen if thats how you left it last.
- To stop the video input, click the green button to launch media center again. Media center will come up but Dscaler is still running in the background. Go to "More Programs" and click "Video Input Off". You will get a message that says "Unable to Display Page". Ignore this and click "OK". This closes Dscaler and leaves you in Media Center. Sweet!
I hope this helps a lot of people as I know there are folks out there that have been itching for a way to easily switch between video inputs.
Any comments, questions, suggestions, please reply below, no PM's. I hope this inspires you all to find even easier and more integrated ways to accomplish this task. I still feel this solution is slightly rudimentary as its not seamless. It would be nice if someone was able to actually hard-code a plug-in for media center to do this (hint hint).